Greetings CCSD Family,
As we transition from the emergency response phase of the pandemic to learning how to exist with COVID-19, we will continue to prioritize the safety and well-being of our students and staff. In preparation for the start of the new school year, I want to share our updated COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols, as informed by the latest updates from the State of New Jersey and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Optional Masking. Masking is optional except when staff/student:
- Know that they have been exposed to COVID,
- Develop Covid-compatible symptoms
- Return from a prescribed isolation period following a COVID diagnosis (Days-6-10)
- Are in the school nurse’s offices
- No Daily Health Screenings. As of Tuesday, September 5, 2022, the District will suspend daily health screenings. You will not receive health screening emails as of this date, and all may enter the buildings without the daily health screens.
- No Testing for Unvaccinated Workers. Governor Murphy has lifted the testing requirement for unvaccinated workers. Mandatory testing will be suspended.
Guidance for COVID Diagnosis.
- Shortened Isolation Period. If you have been diagnosed with COVID, you should notify your school nurse. You will isolate for a shortened period– 1-5 days, and then return to school during days 6-10 (while wearing a mask).
- No Quarantines Unless Formal COVID Diagnosis. Students will need to quarantine if they have been officially diagnosed with COVID-19.
- COVID-Compatible Symptoms. If you have COVID-compatible symptoms, you are strongly encouraged (but not required) to stay home. If you do choose to come to school, you must wear a mask.
- Close Contact. If you are in close contact with a COVID-diagnosed individual, you will not be quarantined. You are strongly encouraged to take a COVID test. If you have COVID-compatible symptoms, we encourage you to take a sick day while you await your test results. If you have tested negative and/or have no symptoms, you are expected to report to school wearing a mask. If you test positive, report your test results to your school nurse and stay at home.
- Travel. If you travel outside the state, you will not be quarantined.
We’re in This Together! We will heavily rely on the collective effort and responsibility of our staff and families to keep our schools safe and healthy. Additionally, we will continue to monitor and revise guidance if needed. We thank you for your resilience and patience as we continue to navigate the challenges of COVID-19. I am looking forward to welcoming our staff and students on the first day of the 2022-23 school year.