Way one can get involved at Camden Big Picture Learning Academy:
- Facilitate an Elective
- Chaperone a Trip
- Become a Mentor: Camden Big Picture Learning Academy, formerly MetEast, was founded on the principle that young people learn best alongside adults who share their passion. Every student spends two days a week working at a local business or organization, contributing his or her spirit and labor as part of a genuine education. Students, mentors and teachers work together to create projects for each student that has a “real-world” value / use. Help guide a young person’s path by becoming a mentor.
- Lead a Book Group: In order to help students develop a passion for reading and writing and continue to develop their literacy skills Camden Big Picture Learning Academy will offer Book Groups on Mondays, Wednesdays, or and Fridays. Share your passion for literature, poetry, spoken word and / or drama by becoming involved in leading or assisting a workshop for 10 – 12 curious high school students.
- Volunteer at Camden Big Picture Learning Academy: Every young person needs as many caring adults in their lives as possible. Help make that possible by working one-on-one with a CBPLA student as a tutor.
- Come in for a presentation: Come share your profession, passion or performance work with our students. Give a talk on a current political issue, present a solo dance or a slideshow on local architecture – anything that will enrich our students’ learning.
- Big Picture Learning Academy