Octivius V. Catto Community staff will be working with your child to instill the following principles in order to help strengthen the character of today's young people.
- TRUSTWORTHINESS (Honesty, Integrity, Reliability, Loyalty)
- RESPECT (Golden Rule, Tolerance, Nonviolence, Courtesy)
- RESPONSIBILITY (Duty, Accountability, Pursue Excellence, Self Control)
- FAIRNESS (Justice, Openness)
- CARING (Concern for Others, Charity)
- CITIZENSHIP (Do Your Share, Respect Authority and the Law)
STRATEGIES FOR SELF-CONTROL
Octavius V. Catto Community School supports children in solving social problems in non-violent ways. Violence or disrespect is any mean word, look, sign, or act that hurts a person's body, feelings or things (No one is entitled to use violence. Violence is not tolerated at our school.. The strategy we teach children when they need to resolve conflict is:
- Stop What You Are Doing (Don't make the problem worse)
- What's The Problem? (Identify what the conflict is about)
- Identify Your Choices (What can YOU do to resolve the problem)
- What Are The Consequences? (Your choice must be non-violent)
- Make A Good Decision-Give Yourself Credit For Staying In Control
We look forward to having a successful year as we embark upon a journey to success.