- Students are late after 8:50 a.m.
- Five lates equals one absence
- We ask that you call each day your child is late or absent.
- If a child is late/absent due to being sick or a doctor’s appointment, a doctor’s note should be given to the school’s clerk so that the absence/lateness can be excused.
- If a child is absent for 3 consecutive days, a doctor’s note must be provided.
- 18 or more unexcused days absent is considered chronic truancy
- An “unexcused absence” occurs when there is no written notification provided to the school by a parent/guardian (i.e. doctor’s note, death, family emergency, religious, etc.)
- Each student will only be allowed 10 written excuse notes each school year
- In circumstances where chronic absenteeism persists, the student can be dropped from the roll and their slot must be considered an enrollment vacancy.