Welcome to the Office of Communications & External Affairs
Scope of Work
The communications team is responsible for maintaining effective communications within the Camden City School District (CCSD). It also serves parents and other members of the community and the news media by delivering clear, timely, and accurate information about CCSD. We communicate the objectives and accomplishments of CCSD so that the public effectively understands district functions and goals.
The communications staff encourages and coordinates news coverage with the media, arranges staff interviews, and provides responses to requests for information to promote full public understanding of CCSD issues, policies, and accomplishments.
As a department, we:
- Provide timely and complete responses to requests.
- Produce publications with substantive and timely information.
- Support the individual schools, Board of Education, superintendent, chief operating officer, and other executive staff in actively communicating Board actions, new education policies and procedures, and CCSD programs.
- Build community support for CCSD.
In order to provide timely information both internally and externally, CCSD communicates using the following tactics:
- Media releases and advisories: Please contact a CCSD media relations representative to add your contact information to our distribution list.
- Website: The CCSD website provides daily news and information updates on policies, schools, programs, and emergency notifications.
- Social media: CCSD posts regularly to the Camden City School District Facebook page, and @CamdenSchools Twitter account. We can also be found on Instagram.
- CCSD TV: Stay engaged by following the CCSD-TV YouTube channel.
- K12 Alerts: The K12 Alerts telephone system provides CCSD families and employees with important information on the district and information specific to their school or program. If you are not receiving alerts, please update your information by contacting your student’s school.
All press and partnerships including all social media, website and channel 19 inquiries should be directed to:
Sheena M. Yera
Senior Director of Communication, Media, and External Affairs