- All students will enter through Wilson’s cafeteria metal detectors and be subject to a drug, weapons, and electronics search.
- After 9:00AM, students must enter through the main entrance and will be searched using manual detectors.
- Electronic devices brought to school and detected by our metal detectors will be confiscated, logged, and the student will be subject to the above consequences.
- Any staff member who witnesses a student with a cell phone throughout the school day will alert security/main office and student will be removed and addressed for a cell phone violation.
Benefits of this policy
- Cell phones are associated with planned and recorded fights on the way to school and during the school day.
- Cell phones are a huge distraction for our students, and we want ALL of our students college and career-ready.
- Cell phones have been associated with doors being opened for unauthorized individuals from the community.
- An enormous amount of instructional time is wasted daily as a result of cell phones.
- Cell phones have been associated with during school cyber bullying and immediate posts to Facebook and Twitter.