Stop! Look! Review what’s new for 2022.
The School Employees Health Benefits Program (SEHBP) will continue to offer 3 medical plans for the school year (2021-2022). All of these plans are PPO’s and include:
- NJEHP (NJ Educators Health Plan)
- NJ Direct 10
- NJ Direct 15
This year's open enrollment is “passive” and does not require participation unless you are making changes to your plan by selecting a new plan, adding dependents, etc. Please review the FAQs here.
If you are a new employee or this is your first time enrolling in the SEHBP you are required to provide supporting documentation for your dependents to Benefitsolver, the online enrollment system.
This year is a “Passive” Enrollment
Only full-time employees desiring to change medical coverage must take action.
Open enrollment season is a period of time when some District employees may elect or change the benefit options available (Any employee hired after 7-01-2020 is NOT allowed to changed their medical coverage). District employees may make changes to their medical, dental, prescription, and vision benefits and/or enroll in a Flexible Spending Account or waive their health benefits during the period of October 1, 2021 – October 31, 2021.
CRITICAL! You cannot make any changes to your benefit plans after October 31st, unless you experience a qualifying life event (i.e. change in marital status, birth/adoption of a child, etc.) There will be no exceptions.
The District offers the following healthcare benefits to its employees:
- Medical Insurance with Horizon through SEHBP, click here to view the guide
- Prescription Coverage through Benecard NJ EHP NJ Direct
- Dental Insurance through MetLife Dental, click here to view summary
- Vision Care through Aetna Vision Preferred, click here to view summary
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) through TASC, click here to learn more. To enroll, complete the TASC application here and send Laura Davis your enrollment form at firstname.lastname@example.org .