Yorkship Family School is a place in which staff, students, and parents collectively demonstrate a respect for one another. This is evident both in interactions, consistent routines, and care for our school environment. At the onset of each school day, and through dismissal, all Yorkship Family Members demonstrate ownership of clearly communicated expectations. We take pride in our school, in ourselves, and in one another.
We build partnerships between our families, students, staff and community by utilizing their diverse talents and resources. We work to encourage an environment of respect, open communication and compassion between our families, students, staff and community. We help our students to develop a sense of civic responsibility and of positive self-esteem. We believe that all children can learn, and work to achieve our vision by striving for and encouraging the following:
- Implementation of the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards
- All students will be able to read on grade level by the end of third grade
- A well balanced curriculum of language arts, mathematics, social studies, fine arts, health, physical education and technological literacy
- Maintenance of small class sizes
- Regular attendance of students and staff
- Uniform behavioral expectations and discipline code, consistently enforced
As we move forward in the 21st century, the Yorkship staff believes that by adhering to the No Child Left Behind standards of positive access, assessment, adaptation, accountability, and attitude, we will provide a quality educational experience for our students. We will provide them with the tools they need to grow into productive, responsible, and considerate young adults who are able to meet their maximum potential as they face the challenges of the future.