Camden City School District Gifted & Talented Program
The Camden City School District’s gifted and talented program endeavors to provide an enriching educational experience for students who demonstrate increased ability in curiosity, creativity, and content knowledge. Our program encourages critical thinking through research, collaboration, and real-world application.
- Develop the interests and skills of students
- Encourage communication and collaboration with peers with like abilities
- Demonstrate problem-solving and creativity with ideas and models
- Use critical thinking to explore various topics
- Offer a curriculum that ensures appropriate rigor, choice, and challenges
Identification of Students
Initial identification for the gifted and talented program is based on student performance on the Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test 3( NNAT3). Teacher recommendations are also required to ensure that students possess the work ethic and motivation to engage in rigorous enrichment activities.