Our preschool classrooms utilize The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool.
- The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool is based on the most current research about preschool child development and learning.
- Teaching Strategies GOLD is the Assessment System used to analyze our student’s growth and development. It is aligned to the New Jersey Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards.
- The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool supports social-emotional, cognitive, physical and language development as well as learning in the following content areas: literacy, mathematics, science and technology, social studies and the arts.
- Content is presented through the use of project-based studies and investigations, which support children’s natural curiosity while encouraging learning. Project-based studies are a great means for you to become involved in your child’s education; just ask your child’s teacher how you can support the class’s study!
Visit www.teachingstrategies.com for more information about The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool
In addition, our classrooms utilize the Second Step: Social Emotional Skills for Early Learning, which supports our students’ social-emotional development.
- Second Step help our littlest learners guide their energy by teaching them to: Listen, Pay attention, Manage their behavior and Get along with others.
- Learning social emotional skills and self-regulation in preschool, students are set up for success in Kindergarten
Each classroom has a lending library to expose our students to a variety of books. Each day, children are invited to select a book, based upon their interest, to take home and read with their families.